BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tough Day for Katerina

It has been a few days since I posted. I apologize. The jet lag and looking after little Kat has me quite tired. My sleep patterns are atrocious and annoying. I can;t wait to get back to my normal sleep pattern and then have that interrupted by Katerina. She is sleeping through the night and has nothing to do with my horrendous sleep.

Now enough of about me because no one cares about me. Katerina is the important one. We brought her for a check up today. Was a tough day for the little tyke. She received four shots plus the Tb test (I always forget the actual name...ddp or something like that). Then we needed blood drawn and Kelly and I agreed it was better to get it all out of the way at once rather than spread it out over multiple days. So we went to the lab which had a difficult time with her little arms. Although it only took two tries, I was getting annoyed watching them move the needle from side to side and in and out while attempting to find a vein. Katerina was screaming and I just felt so bad for her. I hate knowing I am helpless to help with a bad situation. I would assume all parents feel this way. The great thing about Kat is that a half hour later she was back to normal and smiling, although a little tired.

This did however lead to a first for Katerina. As a reward for her bravery, she got her first soft serve ice cream. And boy did she like it. She was licking mine while in the car and then ate half of the kiddy cup we got her when we got home. While in Russia she was never fed any sweets or anything cold. So this was a double first. She probably can't believe what she was missing.

I suspect she will be sore tomorrow in her legs where she received the vaccinations and in the arms from the blood draws but at least we will be able to have everything done for now. Her next vaccination as part of the MMR will not be needed until she is four years old.

Most importantly, the doctor was quite nice and every thing seemed fine health-wise although there are a few follow ups we have to do. We also learned she is a petite gal (short and light) for her age. Although this could be genetics but the weight could be a orphanage thing as well.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What doctor do you guys go to? Just curious.....