BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 19, 2009

We are here

We arrived late this afternoon after the worst drive in the world. For an airport that is 16. something kilometers from the hotel it took us about an hour to drive here. The traffic is atrocious. The combination of bad traffic and no sleep for me really has me feeling blah. But we are here and tomorrow we see the Kremlin.

It is cold although could be worse. My understanding is the east coast is about to get hammered by a large storm. We landed in snow in Kiev where it was -14 C which is about 7 F with a lot of wind. Our arriving flight docked to a tarmac where we walked right into the airport. The departing flight we actually took a bus out to the plane and had to walk up the stairs. I thought only foreign dignitaries used those so thy could wave to everybody. I just wanted to get out of the snow.

Well heading back upstairs so I can go to bed and get a good 12 hours of sleep or more to make up for the near no sleep I got in the past 28 hours. More to come tomorrow after we see parts of the city.

Also one day closer to starting the process and getting to see our gal!!!

1 comments:

Maggie and Randy said...

I feel your pain we are going to go through this too. It will be all worth it at the end. Have a great time and we will be thinking of you guys.Enjoy every minute with your little girl.