BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Social Security Number

Katerina and I went to our local Social Security Administration Office today. When our number was called, I carried Katerina up and calmly said, "this young lady would like to get a social security card." I also did not feel comfortable putting her Certificate of Citizenship in the mail. By going in person, I got it all back after the person assisting us finished entering the data.

I know the certificate of citizenship is the important thing. But, I still feel like having the SSN is so important. In my eyes, it takes citizenship to a higher level of proof. As if it is the absolute proof of Katerina being an American.

I know it is probably crazy but that is how I view it. In a couple of weeks, she will have a SSN and a SS Card. :)

2 comments:

Maggie and Randy said...

You guys are so lucky to have Katerina in you life. We can't wait to have our little girl home. We hope the meeting goes well between us and Russia. I think that's the reason we didn't get the travel dates yet. I hope your apartment searching goes well. When we'll get back from our first trip we'll get together.Hopefully your schedule and our schedule will blend especially when you might be moving!!!keep in touch!

Craig & Kelly said...

Maggie:

We will make time. We want to hear all about your trip and your little girl.